Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Better Health - The Skye is the Limit


Skye Hernandez, a freelance media practitioner also hailing from Trinidad and Tobago, had a rewarding experience at the just concluded Healthy Caribbean 2008 conference.

Despite the fact that she didn't fit the profile of what she considered to be the typical delegate, not being a health practitioner and all, her presence was critical as the organizers will be leaning heavily on the media going forward to get their messages across to the Caribbean, even throughout the entire civil society.

In talking with her it was clear that she successfully maximized the all-important networking opportunities and listening to her it was obvious that those who could not, or chose not, to attend missed out big time.

It was very well organized and there was a wealth of information. I'm not in the field but I work with Caribbean Wellness Day to promote to the media to get their support.

I learned a lot and I'd say the logistics were very well worked out. The people involved in getting the information we needed were very good, as was the networking. I met a lot of good, passionate people."

Her pen, in the eyes of the champions of this movement for a healthy Caribbean, is indeed mightier than the sword, and she can be counted on to wield it aid their cause.

"The next time I have to do anything with health I believe I will get a better response because they'll know who they are talking to.


Related Articles

Setting the Agenda on CNCDs

Healthy Feedback

No comments: